What You Need to Know About U.S. Relocation Trends: Cartus Releases Survey Report
Posted by: Matt Spinolo, Executive Vice President, Global Client Services
If you are a U.S. relocation manager, you’re sure to be exploring ways to meet your company’s, and your employees’, changing needs. Domestic U.S. relocation managers are continually challenged with balancing relocation cost with talent management, and that’s not new. What is likely to make your job even more complex is a growing focus on the employee experience. How companies meet these sometimes conflicting factors is important to meeting future challenges.
We are pleased to present Cartus’ 2017 U.S. Relocation Policy & Practices survey, which received responses from 141 domestic U.S. relocation managers, representing more than 10 million employees globally. The report addresses key trends in U.S. relocation and takes a detailed look at policy approaches, policy types that are gaining traction, support for homeowners and renters, and more.
Key U.S. Relocation Survey Findings
Among the key findings of the survey report, you’ll learn more about:
- What flexibility means to different relocation managers and how it can impact your relocation program design.
- What the main challenges are in U.S. relocation, and how they’ve changed.
- How different policy types are gaining traction in domestic U.S. relocation, for example:
- Sixty-two percent of survey respondents use short-term/temporary assignments for U.S. moves.
- Thirty-six percent of companies use rotational assignments (mostly for career development), and 39% of those companies anticipate an increase over the next two years.
- Intern programs, both college and MBA/Graduate, are growing due to a focus in the workplace on early talent.
If you are responsible for your company’s domestic U.S. relocation program, we encourage you to read the survey findings, and contact your Cartus representative, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions. To see more of Cartus’ research, visit our Resource Hub on Cartus.com.
What’s Hot, What’s Not in Relocation
If you didn’t have a chance to attend our Worldwide ERC® webinar, Trends in Relocation - What's Hot, What's Not, and What's Just Not Going Away, listen to a recording or view the presentation slides to see how evolving trends are affecting relocation programs. You can also download our White Paper on the Evolution of Relocation Industry Trends to find out what your peers are saying about what’s disappearing, what is already an established practice, and what’s breaking through in relocation.