Building Your Own Global Mobility Talent Management Forum
It can often be challenging for HR and relocation managers to gain a strategic position within their organization. A position that allows them access to a forum whereby they can influence business decisions and share their knowledge and experience. How do you gain a seat at that coveted table? It’s a question addressed by Cartus’ Michele Brescia, vice president client services and Ingersoll Rand’s Holly Clontz, global mobility HR solutions leader in a recent Worldwide ERC® Mobility Magazine article, Can’t Get a Seat at the Table? Try Building Your Own!
Supporting and Influencing Your Organization
Tips for Creating a Successful Talent Management Forum
- Prove your value. Understand your organizational goals, so that you can be prepared to talk about how you can help to achieve them.
- Listen to what the business has to say.
- Do your homework. Bring data to reference, success stories, updates to legislation etc.
- Embrace feedback. Both positive and negative feedback are critical to your forum’s progression.
- Encourage dialogue. Ensure your forum discussions are a ‘safe space’ in which people feel comfortable and confident to share their experiences.