Resources, Insights, and Best Practices
In response to these unprecedented times, Cartus has created a centralized content hub for information, resources, and links to help you navigate the rapidly evolving global mobility landscape. This page will be updated regularly with new information.*
Recently, Cartus conducted a survey to determine whether or not clients and prospects are using—or are considering using—Virtual Assignments.
Within the group of thirty-four respondents, Cartus found that 15% are currently using Virtual Assignments. The benefits they are providing assignees include cultural training, travel coordination, and mentorship.
Of those not currently using Virtual Assignments, 28% of respondents are considering doing so on a global basis in the future. One respondent mentioned that Virtual Assignments are currently being used by assignees who returned to the U.S. early in the pandemic and were subsequently impacted when U.S. borders shut down; however, their organization does not intend to use Virtual Assignments in the future.
Over the span of a few months, the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted global markets and caused major disruptions in our economies and our daily lives. Many countries had to impose social distancing, quarantine measures, and border-closings in the hopes of managing the pandemic. Similarly, organisations had to change the way they managed their business and global mobility programs due to changes implemented by governments, leaving them with little time to stay ahead of the game and plan proactively.
Fast-forward to today. As the world starts to recover from the pandemic and adapt to a vastly different environment, there is a need for organisations and businesses to begin planning for their employees' re-entry to a "new normal."
- Cartus Relocation Playbook: A Guide to Global Talent Mobility in a Post-COVID-19 World - October 14, 2020
- Exploring Talent Mobility in the “New Normal” - August 26, 2020
- Work Reimagined: Rewriting Your Global Talent Roadmap - July 30, 2020
- Navigating Showings and Closings in the Current Business Environment - July 14, 2020
- How Investing in Language Training Helps Assignees and Families Manage Time, Stress, and Readiness (PDF) - April 22, 2020
- Professional Distancing: 5 Tips on Managing Your Employees During COVID-19 - April 21, 2020
- Creative Solutions to Keep the Real Estate World Moving While Keeping Clients Safe - April 14, 2020
- Best Practices and Communications from Relocation Industry Suppliers - April 9, 2020
- Navigating Home Sale Buyouts in the Current Business Environment - April 7, 2020
- Cartus Video Tips for Filming at Home (PDF) - April 1, 2020
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Your Mobile Employees and Program - March 31, 2020
- Surviving and Thriving in a Remote Work Environment - March 19, 2020
Trends and Insights
- Pulse Survey: Virtual Assignments (PDF) - November 30, 2020
- White Paper: Global Mobility in a Virtual World: Successfully Adapting to a New Reality (PDF) - August 19, 2020
- Research: Coronavirus Top 10 Destination Restrictions (PDF) - Nov. 24, 2020
- White Paper: Creative Consultants: Delivering Innovative Solutions in a Hurry (PDF) - May 26, 2020
- White Paper: Improving Business Fluidity and Establishing Best Practices in an Evolving Relocating Landscape (PDF) - May 5, 2020
- White Paper: Navigating Relocation Home Sales in Uncharted Waters (PDF) - April 23, 2020
- Pulse Survey: Client Insights from Cartus' COVID-19 Global Mobility Pulse Survey (#1) (PDF) - April 2, 2020
- White Paper: The Impact of COVID-19 on Your Mobile Employees and Program (PDF) - March 31, 2020
- Blog Post: Client and DSP Policies and Practices - March 20, 2020
Health and Safety
Travel Restrictions and Advisories
- U.S. Department of State – Breaking Travel Alerts and Information
- U.S. Department of State – Smart Traveler Program
U.S. State and Local Information
- COVID-19 Mortgage Relief Options
- Fannie Mae Single-Family Servicers Impact of COVID-19 on Servicing
- Fannie Mae Assistance Options for Homeowners Impacted by COVID-19
Our Cartus Global Mobility Insights webinar series features interviews, presentations, and roundtable discussions from global mobility experts and leaders around the world. Recordings will be posted here as they become available, along with other related webinar replays.
- More events coming soon. See below for recordings of past events in the meantime.
* Please note the publication date of all materials. For the latest information on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), please consult the CDC, WHO, and other official sources.