Resources, Insights, and Best Practices
In response to these unprecedented times, Cartus has created a centralized content hub for information, resources, and links to help you navigate the rapidly evolving global mobility landscape. This page will be updated regularly with new information.*
Everyone has been impacted in one way or another over the past year. Our lives have changed, and most of us are working very differently than we were a year ago.
Now that companies are searching for some form of normalcy, a “new norm” will begin to take form for most organizations around the globe. It appears that remote work may be the new norm for some companies. On the other hand, due to the nature of particular industries, some companies require their employees to be on site. Furthermore, those coming to terms with a hybrid approach often wish to focus on retaining their critical talent.
Our latest edition of UK Market Watch is now available. It explores the current trends in the residential rental and sales markets, with a focus on the overall impact of the Stamp Duty Land Tax holiday and the current ‘race for space’, a trend that sees home buyers looking for larger properties because of their new ‘work from home’ situation.
UK Sales Market Sees ‘Complete Turnaround’
The first half of 2020 saw activity almost slow to a halt in the wake of the first UK lockdown and today it continues to reach record highs, having seen a ‘complete turnaround’ over the past 12 months.
Our Cartus Global Mobility Insights webinar series features interviews, presentations, and roundtable discussions from global mobility experts and leaders around the world. Recordings will be posted here as they become available, along with other related webinar replays.
- Check often for updates!
- Cartus Relocation Playbook: A Guide to Global Talent Mobility in a Post-COVID World (PDF) - April 2021
- Cartus Relocation Playbook: What’s Your Mobility Game Plan When Borders Re-open? - April 13, 2021
- Exploring Talent Mobility in the “New Normal” - August 26, 2020
- Work Reimagined: Rewriting Your Global Talent Roadmap - July 30, 2020
- Navigating Showings and Closings in the Current Business Environment - July 14, 2020
- How Investing in Language Training Helps Assignees and Families Manage Time, Stress, and Readiness (PDF) - April 22, 2020
- Professional Distancing: 5 Tips on Managing Your Employees During COVID-19 - April 21, 2020
- Creative Solutions to Keep the Real Estate World Moving While Keeping Clients Safe - April 14, 2020
- Best Practices and Communications from Relocation Industry Suppliers - April 9, 2020
- Navigating Home Sale Buyouts in the Current Business Environment - April 7, 2020
- Cartus Video Tips for Filming at Home (PDF) - April 1, 2020
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Your Mobile Employees and Program - March 31, 2020
- Surviving and Thriving in a Remote Work Environment - March 19, 2020
Trends and Insights
- Blog Post: U.S. Household Goods Challenges: What You Need to Know - July 8, 2021
- Blog Post and White Paper: Employee Retention through M&As and Facility Consolidations (Post-Pandemic) - July 6, 2021
- Blog Post: 2020 Tokyo Olympics: 23 Days to Go - June 30, 2021
- Blog Post and White Paper: UK Market Watch: Out Now! - June 17, 2021
- Blog Post: Are We There Yet? Going Beyond Your Talent Acquisition Journey - June 1, 2021
- Blog and White Paper: Exploring the Unprecedented 2021 Real Estate Market and Its Effect on Your Mobility Program - May 18, 2021
- Blog Post: Celebrating Hari Raya 2021: A Post-COVID-19 Experience - May 12, 2021
- Blog Post: COVID-19 vs. 2021 Internships - April 20, 2021
- Blog Post: Global Pandemic: Ongoing Impact on Household Goods Shipments - March 9, 2021
- Blog Post: How Times Have Changed: Buying and Selling During a Pandemic - March 2, 2021
- Blog Post: U.S. Real Estate: Forbearance and Relocation - December 15, 2020
- Pulse Survey: Virtual Assignments (PDF) - November 30, 2020
- White Paper: Global Mobility in a Virtual World: Successfully Adapting to a New Reality (PDF) - August 19, 2020
- Research: Coronavirus Top 10 Destination Restrictions (PDF) - Dec. 14, 2020
- White Paper: Creative Consultants: Delivering Innovative Solutions in a Hurry (PDF) - May 26, 2020
- White Paper: Improving Business Fluidity and Establishing Best Practices in an Evolving Relocating Landscape (PDF) - May 5, 2020
- Pulse Survey: COVID-19 Impact on Internships (PDF) - May 2, 2020
- White Paper: Navigating Relocation Home Sales in Uncharted Waters (PDF) - April 23, 2020
- Pulse Survey: Client Insights from Cartus' COVID-19 Global Mobility Pulse Survey (#1) (PDF) - April 2, 2020
- White Paper: The Impact of COVID-19 on Your Mobile Employees and Program (PDF) - March 31, 2020
- Blog Post: Client and DSP Policies and Practices - March 20, 2020
Health and Safety
Travel Restrictions and Advisories
- U.S. Department of State – Breaking Travel Alerts and Information
- U.S. Department of State – Smart Traveler Program
U.S. State and Local Information
- COVID-19 Mortgage Relief Options
- Fannie Mae Single-Family Servicers Impact of COVID-19 on Servicing
- Fannie Mae Assistance Options for Homeowners Impacted by COVID-19
* Please note the publication date of all materials. For the latest information on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), please consult the CDC, WHO, and other official sources.