Language Trainers - Join Our Network!
Who We Are
For more than 30 years, Cartus has worked exclusively with international businesses to ready employees and their families for success on the global stage. We are a world leader in the field of cross-cultural, intercultural management, and language training, and our depth across these linked fields ensures customers develop the broad competencies and skills necessary to make positive, impactful, and critical cross-cultural connections.
It is the mission of the Cartus Language Academy in creating the Cartus Language Standard© (CLS) to continually challenge our understanding of what effective corporate language trainers do around the globe and facilitate their growth to prepare for, advance, and support language and intercultural learning.
Combining our own accumulated best practices with insights from well-respected language consultants in both corporate and academic language fields, the Cartus Language Academy has developed a learner engagement and program design system called the Cartus Language Standard. Based on the fundamentals of adult learning theory and the positive “can do” task-based learning framework of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), the CLS provides our trainers with a system for streamlined development of targeted and customized learning plans using backward design. CLS trainer toolkits include tools to map language proficiency and learners’ cultural appropriateness, and custom “can do” task-based lesson activities that complement trainers’ own teaching styles.
We Believe In
- A different kind of learner engagement that involves the learner in course design
- The importance of leveraging intrinsic motivation
- Workflow training, that focuses on immediate usefulness of language skills
- Multiple forms of learning—leveraging the multitude of learning opportunities available
- Task-based assessments
- The importance of customer feedback loops
- Creating an open environment of sharing best practices across our trainer network
Join Our Network!
We are looking for passionate, experienced, professional language trainers and coaches around the world who enjoy working with employees and their families and would like the opportunity to grow your business and your expertise.
“I would like to express my great appreciation to Cartus for providing the new online system to support language training programs. Thank you for investing in such an effective and intuitive platform! There are so many great parts of this system, I couldn't begin to list them all. The new system is such a beneficial addition to this engaging and satisfying position.”
- Cartus Language Coach, Jessalyn Epstein, in Oregon, USA
Our Commitment to You
- Work on our new interactive digital learning system designed to enhance the coach-learner connection for either online or in-person delivery
- Enjoy streamlined program scheduling, tracking and payment administration through the Cartus digital learning system
- Take advantage of free training on our system of designing 1-1 personalized programs, complete with trainer tools
- Learn how to incorporate intercultural competency into your approach
- Receive referrals to passionate learners—professionals and families from around the world
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options—online or in-person delivery, freelance, flexible, part-time employment (we work with freelancers and select partner schools)
- Professional support from the Cartus Language Academy and our team of language professionals around the world
If you are interested in joining our team as a Language provider, email us to submit your information.